- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- Difficulty: easy
Today we will cook fragrant, low-calorie eggplant caviar. And also it's very useful: this dish contains a lot of potassium and fiber. Baked eggplants and peppers give it a special charm and delicious aroma. I highly recommend serving it chilled and with croutons.
- First of all, heat and oil frying pan a bit.
- Pour finely chopped onion into it and fry.
- Meanwhile, wash the vegetables and take the carrots: peel and grate it on a large grater.
- Add it to the already browned onions and mix.
- Clean sweet pepper from the seeds and diced.
- Add to onions and carrots. Stir.
- Peel eggplants and cut into cubes as well. Combine with other ingredients. Salt, pepper and mix.
- Next, while the caviar is being cooked over low heat, grate tomatoes and garlic.
- Pour the tomato and garlic mixture to caviar.
- Stir and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Eggplant caviar is better to eat when it's cooled down a little (put it into the fridge). So it will have pronounced flavour.
You may also like