- Serves: 8 People
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- Difficulty: easy
A great amount of filling and minimum dough - this is how you can describe the peculiarity of this cake in a few words! Chopped dough in combination with ripe cherries create an incredible tandem, which results in a juicy baking.
- Let's make the dough: mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Take cold butter, cut into small pieces and add to dry ingredients.
- Blend everything until fine crumbs.
- After put the mass into a deep bowl and add cold water gradually, kneading the dough.
- Form a ball from the dough , wrap it with cling film and left it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the filling: wash the cherries and remove the seeds.
- Add sugar and starch to the purified cherries. Mix and set aside.
- Get the dough out of the fridge, divide it into two parts: one part must be bigger.
- Roll out a bigger portion of the dough between two sheets of parchment paper. This way the dough will not crumble and stick to your hands.
- Put the dough into the form tamping it well and removing extra parts (I used a mold with a diameter of 22 cm).
- Put previously prepared filling over into the form.
- Roll the rest of the dough in the same way, cut out rectangular lines about 1.5 cm wide (using a knife). Lay the strips over the filling.
- If you want, you can smear the strips with egg yolk.
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven to 200°C, for a 30 minutes.
- Cool it down and serve.
- Bon appetit!
You may also like