- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- Difficulty: easy
Today I will share with you my first jam making experience. It is not difficult to cook, and, at the same time, in the winter you will be able to create a lot of delicious desserts and pastries with it. I used right this jam to making Linzer cookies. Because of its density, the jam does not spread over the cookies, and even holds it together. In addition, the acidity of red currant goes well with sweet cookies and harmonizes perfectly with any pastry.
- Wash the berries well, removing the spoiled ones.
- Slightly chop the currant, mash it with a blender.
- Pour currant puree into a pan with a thick bottom.
- Put the pan on a slow fire, stirring it, add sugar in small portions.
- Cook the jam until thick stirring and taking the foam away (it took me up to 30 minutes)
- Pour the jam into sterilized jars and roll them.
- Keep it in a dark place.
You may also like