- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking: 45 min
- Difficulty: easy
Today we will cook a bright, sunny cake with an oily-sand base and a lemon-cream top layer. Intriguing, isn't it? This cake has an incredibly exciting cooking process: first we combine the ingredients for the lower layer, and then we make the upper citrus layer. The process of cooking dough is the top of aesthetic pleasure for me. And this is a smelling dough with citrus notes! It was hard to refuse from trying it. And even harder is to stop trying. But, if you come to your senses and start pouring the second layer, during the baking process you can see how the dough is cooked, forming a perfectly flat surface. And I will say this, it's so fascinating!
- First of all, let's start with the preparation of the lower layer: we combine flour, lemon zest, sugar and salt in the bowl. Stir.
- Add butter and beat with a mixer or blender until smooth.
- Take the form (I have a rectangular 20x50) and fill it with parchment paper.
- Put the shortbread dough, well tamping.
- Bake in preheated oven to 180 ° C for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the top layer: whip eggs in a separate bowl, then add yolk, sugar, powdered sugar, flour, turmeric, citrus zest, lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the filling over the finished cake and bake for another 25 minutes.
- After, cool it down at room temperature, and then put in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, decorate with icing sugar and orange or lemon rings.
- Bon appetit!
You may also like