- Serves: 5 People
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- Difficulty: medium
I remember my childhood when my grandmother made delicious varenyky (dumplings) with potatoes and cabbage, which she generously sprinkled with fried onions. At that moment it seemed to me that there was no tastier dish in the whole world.) And today, I decided to challenge myself by trying to cook this childhood dish. I want to tell you that It is a real joy when You succeed with this dish, and even from the first time!) Now I am going to share with you a simple recipe, according to which it will be impossible to fail at cooking them.
- Begin with the stuffing. Peel and boil potatoes.
- While boiling, salt potato and add peeled garlic.
- Peel and chop the onion finely.
- Fry it in seed oil until golden brown.
- After potato is cooked, pour out the water but not all. You can leave about 200 ml.
- Mash potatoes until smooth.
- Add the fried onions and mix.
- While the mashed potatoes are cooling, let's make the dough.
- Sieve flour In a deep container, make a small hole in the center.
- Pour water into another small container.
- Add the egg and beat all.
- Put salt and butter, and beat a little more.
- Pour everything into the flour and knead the dough until smooth, until it sticks to the hands.
- Cover the container with dough with cling film and put in the fridge for a while.
- Sprinkle the working surface with some flour and roll out thin dough on it.
- Cut circles and put the stuffing (1 teaspoon) into the center of each one.
- Pinch the edges of the dumplings so that a semicircle is formed.
- Cook dumplings in salted water until cooked.
- Before serving, you can put a small piece of butter or sprinkle dumplings with fried onions.
- Enjoy your meal!
You may also like